1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 f-250 crew

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by shellano, Nov 5, 2005.

1. shellano

shellano Junior Member

question is a f-250 crew with a short bed to big to plow res. driveways .. using a western 7.5 plow? thanks

2. Remic Const.

Remic Const. Junior Member

I have a f-350 crew cab long box with a 7 1/2 foot blade. It is difficult to plow small res. driveways but it can be done. Just alot more back dragging and alot more time.

3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

It really depends on the size of the residential driveway. I can think of alot of driveways I do where it would not really make too much of a difference weather I had a longer truck or not. I would only take medium to large size residential with plenty of room to pile snow. Dont take anything that would have to be backdragged.

Do you alredy have the plow? If so, do you find that a 7.5' plow is wide enough to keep your rear wheels out of the snow with the plow fully angled and truck turning?

4. shellano

shellano Junior Member

cja 1987- . not yet i'm getting it this weekend.. just started in the bus. trying to earn some extra cash.... so u guys don't have anyproblems with it.. its a short bed. so your saying there is alot more of back dragging than norm!

5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Iam not sure that it will necessarily be more backdragging, the only thing is in some driveways, it would not be practical to back a long truck in and then push out foward when there is no place else to put the snow. So in some situations you may need to backdrag more but I honestly dont think it will be much of a problem. As long as you have some places to stack the snow, your all set. Drives that are a straight push in to stack at the end are ideal. Next best is lots of room on the sides to push onto at an angle and then back drag the small amount that remains. Unless you plow a drive that goes down hill and to a garage and has 5' walls on either side, you should be all set.

Just keep in mind what types of drives you take, your fine for most but you may want to pass on some of the really tight ones. Its hard to give concrete advise as driveway sizes vary so much from place to place but you just need to be comfortable driving your truck with the plow, get used to plowing and you will quickly find out what situations your truck performs best in.

6. shellano

shellano Junior Member

cja1987

thanks for all your info.. it will help me out.. and i appreciate(sp) all of the advice you have given me... good luck with your plowing and hope we make alot of money this year!