1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 f-250 7.3 FGAWR Change 4800 to 5200

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by chevy5150, Oct 6, 2009.

1. chevy5150

chevy5150 Junior Member

I do realize that some where in the 123 pages of threads ( ford truck discussion) there is a tread about this but I can't find it. So here it goes. The f-250 7.3 with the 4800 FGAWR is really limited on what size plow can be mounted on it. What changes must be made to the truck to get it to 5200. Different leaf springs?
  2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I believe that's all there is to it. I think they also make 5800 and 6000lb front springs. Mine is a gasser but has the heavier 5200lb springs and my V blade barely squats the truck when the plow is up.
  3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I think you just need "X" code springs and you may want to add the F350 rear spring blocks to the back of the truck so it doesn't look nose high.
  4. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I second this. A 400lb bump is not enough. Go with the X-codes, you wont be sorry. We have an 01 with the 7.3 that had 4800's on it, we put in X-codes and never looked back. An F250 will be about level unloaded with x-codes in the front, and will be nose high with any load in the back.