1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 F-250 4x4, New parts, Snow-way Plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by theguynextdoor, Mar 8, 2009.

1. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

I am only selling this truck to use the money for new lawn equipment, otherwise I would keep the truck because it is an awesome work truck. The truck is a black extended cab, 8 foot bed, with tinted windows, chrome grill, chrome door handles and gas cap, bed liner, amber dual rotating halogen lights, new tires (less than 6,000 miles), towing package, new speakers, aftermarket CD player head unit, rubber floor (perfect for working). I have owned the truck since October of 2008 when I bought it from a mechanic who took excellent care of it and only plowed his and his parents driveways with it. They plow is a 7.5 foot snow-way. The dealer replaced the up/down cylinder, 2 of 4 hydraulic hoses, and took care of some electrical problems. The plow works great now and I used it all winter when my dodge had some problems. I always take my trucks to the same mechanic and have anything that needs fixed done while its there. In January they replaced the rear brakes (rotors, pads, and calipers), e-brake cable, transmission pan, front ball and U-joints, new muffler and tail-pipe, bearing in the drive-shaft. The previous owner also replaced the spark plugs and had the transmission flushed and adjusted right before I bought it. The only problem with the truck is a dent in the passenger side of the bed from a hit and run. Otherwise the body is in good condition. The engine runs great, transmission shifts smoothly, and 4x4 works perfectly. This truck would be a great truck for anyone who owns it. My mechanic looked at it last week and said nothing needed to be done to it and it was working well. Send me an email if you are interested or have any questions.

The truck has around 135,500 miles on it, but I drive it daily so that will change.

Blue Book = At Least 9200

Asking : $8550

Here are some pictures of the truck: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=264506

Let me know if you are interest, I would be willing to drive it some distance to the buyer.

2. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Can't view them you have to log in

3. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

so log in and view them

4. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

sounds like a plan, become a member of a site that i have no interest in, just to veiw some pics that could easily be posted here.

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Not to mention it has a different price over there

6. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Exactly my thoughts, take the time to post the pictures here if your going to try and sell it here................that should be a site rule!

7. theguynextdoor

Sorry guys, I posted it on this site on a different computer, so I didn't have the pictures to post.

I am now asking $8,000. I would like to sell it as soon as possible. I forgot I lowered the price on lawn site.

Thanks for looking, sorry for the confusion.

DSCN0210.jpg

DSCN0234.jpg

DSCN0230.jpg

DSCN0214.jpg

8. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Man that seems like a deal..........what size motor is in it? I am sure this will sell that seems like a decent price with all the work that has been done on it!

9. theguynextdoor

5.7 L V8 Gas Motor, Auto Transmission

I lowered the price due to the dent in the passenger side of the bed. I don't have the money to fix it and I don't want to claim it on my insurance because it was hard enough to get reasonably priced insurance on a business and 2 truck at this age.

10. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

You should post pictures of the dent.

11. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

So its got a hemi?

its either a 5.4, 6.0, 6.8 or 7.3

12. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

13. theguynextdoor

Type: 5.4 L gas.

Here are a few more pics, one of the dent.

DSCN0224.jpg

DSCN0221.jpg

14. theguynextdoor

Bump...........

15. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Maybe its actually a 350 Vortec... Itd be an improvement over any Ford motor.

16. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Including the 7.3?

You've got to be kidding

17. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

lets start the ford vs chevy argument, that one always gets us somewhere

18. theguynextdoor

Truck is still for sale. Pulled a minivan out of 8 inches of mud today...This truck can work.

19. theguynextdoor

Bump.......

20. theguynextdoor

Lowered asking price to 6500.