1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 f-150 xtended cab

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by SNHSERV05, Dec 23, 2005.

1. SNHSERV05

SNHSERV05 Junior Member

has anyone ever put a plow on a f 150 x-tnd cab which has the light front axle ? any other plow other than the homesteader?

2. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

i see them around town here all the time, my buddy had a standard 7 1/2 western on his

3. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

I have an 02 ext.cab with a 7-6 mm1 rd and it handles it great couple rounds on the old torsion bars and it's good to go

4. SNHSERV05

SNHSERV05 Junior Member

f150 xtnd cab

I have been told by every dealer unless you have more than 5600 something front axle weight they wont install plow

5. Swinn

Swinn Member

I have the 4150lb. front end which I believe is the heaviest one in the F150. Go to any of the sites above and you can put in the truck specs and it will tell you what you can and can't put on it. The rating is on the driver side door sticker.

6. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

The 4150 front axle rating is indeed the highest for a 2000 F150. Thats the only 150 that was intended to carry a plow according to Ford. Not saying it cant be done, I see a few around here on the lighter 150's. Just make sure you put enought ballast in the back, stick with a lighter plow, and dont abuse it.
    Good luck
    Ray

7. FordPlow

FordPlow Junior Member

I have a 2000 F-150 with an extended cap. The only plow that was specified for the truck according to the internet sites were the Homesteader and Western Suburbanite. I went to 2 different dealers in Toledo, OH (Both have installed plows for different friends of mine) and BOTH suggested the Meyers Steel 7.5 foot plow. I had it installed just before Thanksgiving and have been out 3 times with it. (About 12 to 15 hours each time). And I love the thing. No problems pushing the snow at all. I also had my mechanic look over the truck the other day just to look for any front end problems and none were found.

Dave

8. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Just baby the truck, or you'll be sorry. I had an 02 F150 and I wouldn't put a plow on that truck. That's why I sold it in the 1st place. Your always better off using the right tool for the job. IMHO