1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 Dodge Ram 2500 1 high Beam when plow is on truck

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by vffdoug, Dec 28, 2008.

1. vffdoug

vffdoug Junior Member

I have a 2000 dodge ram 2500 when I have my MM2 on the truck I only have 1 high beam. I believe I need the headlight harness. I had the part number and lost it. The local dealer wants $90 for one harness and $80 for the other harness, I had found them on line for like $50 a piece, but I have since lost the Fisher part numbers.
    Any help would be appreciated. I have the HB1 headlights on my truck.

2. macplee

macplee Junior Member
    from Boston

My 2001 Ram 2500 had the same problem. First unplug the plow harness and connect the original headlight wire direct back to the headlight. If you are like me, my truck's headlight both works fine when connected back to the original vehicle harness. I narrowed it down to the Fisher passenger headlight harness after I measured the harness with a voltage meter. Two of the wires within the harness was faulty so I trace the wire looking for a short or broken wire. It turned out to be not the wire but the connector. Fisher does not sell just the connector and wanted $120 for a new set of harness. I then found an aftermarket headlight connector that fits HB1 headlights for $12. Got the new part, replaced the old connector with the new and everything works fine now. $18 with shipping and 1/2 hours of DIY, much better solution than the Fisher part.

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Do you have the configuration plug indexed right?