1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 dakota 4.7l

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by bionicredneck, Aug 11, 2006.

1. bionicredneck

bionicredneck Junior Member
    from texas

hey yall... ive got a 2000 dakota with a jacked up 4.7l in it. well we are tryin to do an engine swap and put a newer 4.7l in it... only problem is that the 2000 was the only year they had that certian 4.7l (dodge did somthin diffrent and then axed the motor for a new one in 01) i think to do the swap i just need a new ECU... do any of yall know for sure? thanks

2. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

Why would you swap it for another 4.7? I think the only difference is the ECU changes that Dodge made and continued to make throughout the years, but the engine itself hasn't been changed at all. If you were looking for more power, than look into some heads, intake, cams, and exhaust.

3. bionicredneck

bionicredneck Junior Member
    from texas

i'd have to change the ecu wiring hareness trans and my transfercase... and yes the 2000 dakota 4.7 is diffrent than any year made trust me on this