1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 chevy / t-bars / timbrens

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Mudchevy, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Mudchevy

Mudchevy Junior Member

I have a 2000 1/2 ton ext cab short box 5.3 with an 8' western untramount and I replaced the t-bars with 3/4 tons and this did help with the bouncing but I still have a quite of bit of sag in the front even after I cranked the bars all the way up. I also have about 500lbs of counter weight in the bed. Does anyone have other suggestions? Looks like I'm going to need trimbrens. Were can I buy them cheap?
    :drinkup:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

3/4 ton is somewhat of a moot point of identification, what were the actual T-bars you used? A short wheelbase truck needs more T-bar than a comparable truck.

3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Yes, this is true- plus, there are several different "grades" of "3/4 ton" torsion bars- what lbs rating are the ones you got?

4. Mudchevy

Mudchevy Junior Member

I got the 8600 lbs bars.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Making an assumption here but by the sounds of it your "8600 lb" description you may be confusing GVWR's with T-bar ratings, which are two different things. What is the letter code or p/n on the T-bars you purchased?

6. Brookside

Brookside Member

Hard to go wrong with the Timbrens. They're not that expensive, and simple to install. Check online for a good price.

7. Mudchevy

Mudchevy Junior Member

The letter code I have is GK. From what I have read on plowsite, it does look like Timbrens are the way to go.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

GK's should be plenty enough for the job. How much drop do you get when you lift the plow?

9. Puddlejumper

Puddlejumper Member

Your call but I have never used them and I do not have a noticable drop on my 1/2 ton truck. It is all about weight. I do not even crank up my torsion bars and it sits pretty level. Where are you at in Minnesota?

10. Mudchevy

Mudchevy Junior Member

I have about 3" of drop. I did get these from a salvage yard but I did not see the truck it came out of so who knows what's up with them; the bars are straight and went in fine. Puddlejumper, I'm from Brainerd, were are you from?

11. Puddlejumper

Puddlejumper Member

Princeton. I buy plow parts from a guy up in your neck of the woods. Bring the truck on down and I will tweak her for you if you want. Then if you still want timbs I can help you throw them in.

12. Mudchevy

Mudchevy Junior Member

Who is the guy up here? Is it Meyers Midwest or Shipmans?

13. Puddlejumper

Puddlejumper Member

Ed over at Meyer Midwest. Seemed like a good guy.