1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 Chevy Silverado Z71 with Fisher MM2

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by VThick, Jan 18, 2005.

1. VThick

VThick Junior Member
    from Vermont

Ahh all washed up after a hard days work!

P1160011.JPG

P1160014.JPG

P1160013.JPG

2. Tom Smith

Tom Smith Senior Member
    from IL

NICE TRUCK !! Mine needs a washing too.... but if i take it to the powerwash it will look like a iceicle....

3. n1alx

n1alx Junior Member

Wow...I finally found another Vermonter, now tell me where in the state are you located and which fire department are you on. Underhill-Jericho Fire Dept. here

4. VThick

VThick Junior Member
    from Vermont

Fellow Vermonter

Thats cool, I live in Barre City, I am a full-time firefighter in Barre City as well. I am guessing that you are a fellow ham! Me too, N1RNJ. The winter has been easy so far, thats a change for us. E-mail me sometime, Gary08403@aol.com
    Got any pics of your rig?
    73's

5. VThick

VThick Junior Member
    from Vermont

Clean truck

Thanks!
    It finally got above freezing here in VT so I thought I'd give her a bath. U would'nt want to see it when it was dirty! The red had turned white. Poor truck!

6. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

Mansfield VT here, near Stowe. I have an 02 1500 long bed regular cab, but sometimes trying to manuever around the house and barn I wish I'd gone for the shortbed!

Pete

7. VThick

VThick Junior Member
    from Vermont

Thats three of us

For sure for sure, the work truck is an 1985 long bed ton and 1/4 military job, it takes it well but I take my short bed any day. When is gona to snow!
    Gary

8. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

You got the back drag blade, for back dragging. I've seen them on a few.

Why arn't they listed on Fisher's website though?

9. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

They aren't a Fisher accessory. They are generally fabbed and installed locally.

10. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

Hey VThick I've been trying to get a pic of a back drag blade so my buddy can fab one up for my mm could you take some close up pics and maybe a couple of dimensions so I can have one made.

11. VThick

VThick Junior Member
    from Vermont

Back drag blade

Harley Hauler, Sure be more than glad to, I can tell you when I built mine I used a factory fisher cutting edge, 2 pieces of angle iron welded it to the cutting edge. I welded 2 pieces of iron to the plow. last drill a hole in the plate iron on the plow and the same on the angle iron. Just bolt the two together and theres your back drag. I will get you all the dimensions and pics tomorrow when its light out.
    I gota say its worth its weight in gold!
    Gary

12. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Nice looking truck. Do you have timbrens on the front of it? In the pic with the blade up, the truck doesn't look like is sags much.
    Very nice pics.

William

13. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

:eek: I saw brand new Dodge's at a local auto dealer who had them on them. And saw some in Massachusetts as well

14. VThick

VThick Junior Member
    from Vermont

Had em dont care for em!

Thanks,
    I had a set of timbrens last season but they made my truck ride like a backhoe so I took em out. I just turned the t-bars up 3 turns. What a nicer ride!

15. sbrem

sbrem Member

Wow, there are lots of Vermonters here. I'm in Guilford and am on the Guilford Vol. Fire Department.

Stephen

16. blackc3

blackc3 Junior Member

17. sbrem

sbrem Member

No thats not far at all. Who do you work for in Brattleboro?

Stephen

18. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Hey vthick, thought I'd seen that truck around town, I'm right in Berlin.I agree, hard to beat a short bed chevy for the tight stuff.If your board, come pick up my truck, it's filthy.

19. VThick

VThick Junior Member
    from Vermont

work in barre

I know a few of the guys in Brattleboro FD went to trench rescue class in Hartford with them. I live and work in Barre.
    Gary

20. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like a great truck. The back blade would be great for driveways. Is it hinged somehow so it will trip if you hit something or is it welded in place? My truck has not looked that clean since September :cry: