1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 chevy silverado 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Proturftc, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Proturftc

Proturftc Junior Member

i (15 years old going to be 16 soon) bought my very first truck today.. Its a 2000 silverado 2500 not hd and its not the 90s body style as its the silverado... its got 160k miles on it and came with a western uni mount plow with new lines and hydraulics and toggle switch, i bought this truck more for lawn care but for plowing i feel its a good starter, i got the truck from a guy $4500 cash and the tires are good its all leather brand new radio and speakers its a nice work truck for a 16 yr old it needs rockers very badly though i have family who can work on it.. just wondering what y'all think did i get a good deal and is it a nice truck or did i over pay? feeling ready to expand bug 16 can go solo wesport

truck tommy .jpg

PLow 4 craigslist .png
  2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I would say you got a good deal.Plow looks like it's brand new.i would say if you have a good plow route you should be able to pay the truck off
  3. Proturftc

Proturftc Junior Member

I was hoping to get a few acts, have 3 right now, well 2 and my parents house! not bad for owing the truck 4 days just got an ad on craigslist, lets see what happens
  4. joshg

joshg Senior Member
    from VT

Good luck with it, I have a same truck in a reg cab. Been good to me since I picked it up a few years ago. About 140k on mine and a few dollars put into it now but seems to be holding up for the most part. How is your rear bumper?:). Never see a Chevy with a few years on it with one intact up here. Mines perforated.
  5. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Looks like a good deal,time will tell.
  6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Looks like you got a good deal- even being a 2500 non-HD it's still a good, solid "lighter" heavy duty truck (if that makes any sense). Solid power train in that truck with the 6.0 gas engine my oldest truck has the same engine- it's a great engine/trans combination. Good luck with it!Thumbs Up