1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 Chevy iso wiring question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by yancy, Nov 29, 2009.

1. yancy

yancy Senior Member

Ok I have done a search and still have not found exactly what I am looking for, With that said, on my 2000 chevy NBS 2500 I am looking at putting a 8ft unimount on for now, however, in the future I would like to go to a ultramount. I was looking at going with a ISO module but am not sure witch one I would need, I see some of the 4 ports say they fit a unimount and my year, and the same with the 3 port style. The way I understand I need a 3 port, will a 4 port work? I made some phone calls and got some numbers but they do not seem to match up for a 3 port. what do you think the best option would be? do you have any part numbers for those options? Also looking at something that I could maybe move to a newer year but same style truck if I ever find one I like. I had a relay system on the truck a few years ago but got rid of everything for the truck because I thought I was going to sell it, and the last few years I have just used the other truck so I had no need for my truck, but the other one is on its last leg.

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I have a 2 plug ultramount.You can make ultramounts into two pluggers . All that you have to do it get a hold of a 9 pin plow side harness and change them from 3 pluggers to 2 pluggers. Or just take the lights off your unimount and put them on your ultramount... done.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I world recommend wiring the truck with the 3 port Iso system now and changing the Uni to three plug to match. Will be cheaper now rather than later and once you do go to a new (or newer) Ultra you'll need no further changes.