1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 chevy 3500 Fisher 9' MM install headaches

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by DeAdZoNe, Oct 31, 2006.

1. DeAdZoNe

DeAdZoNe Member

I have a 2000 Chevy 3500 crew cab that I am installing a 9 foot MM1 plow on. I got the plow used and I am assuming its a minute mount one judging from its age and the fact the blade looks to be even older from a conventional setup maybe. I just got the push plates bolted up and started on the wiring today. This is where it gets intresting. I got the isolation module from a friend that had an 03 F350. Its a 4 plug module with a white label. The #3 and #4 light harness did not match up so I got the correct harnesses used as well. I have the headlights hooked up but I have a purple wire on the passenger side and a purple and brown wire on the drivers side. I have been all over the Fisher site tring to find what wires they match up to. I know the purples are left and right directional and the brown is running lights but where do I splice? I am thinking blues from the truck go to the purples and the brown goes to brown. If not what colors on my truck will match up to these 3 wires?

I also have a red wire coming into the cab thats attached to the joystick harness...what is that? I was just told that should be hooked up to a 12V source when the key is on?

I also have a red wire that has a round terminal on the end of it that looks like it goes on one of the positive terminals on the soleniod...does it matter which side it goes on? In fact does it matter what side the battery vs. power cable to the plow goes on the solenoid? Thanks in advance for any help on these problems. Just for the hell of it I tried to drive up to the plow today and "push" the tower onto the truck. Minute mount my ass. Seems like it wont push up all the way so the pins latch in. Maybe the push plates need to be aligned? Or is it just the "way" it is? I had posted these questions for that fisher engineer but he ignored the post. HELP ME

2. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

I'm just going through this on my 2000 2500 with an 8' MMI setup.

The wires you have leftover on the headlight harnesses are for the parking and blinker lights. The two brown wires tie into the blinker wire on each side and the one purple wire on the driver's side ties into the parking lamp wire also on the turn signal harness. The black wire on the blinker harness is ground and you don't need to sp[lice it, the middle wire is running lights and goes to the one purple wire on the driver's side, the outer wire thats not black on the blinker harness is the signal wire for turn signals and gets spliced into the brown wire on each side.

Red wire coming into the cab is the power for the joystick. Hook it up to a switched 12v hot wire to an accessory thats definitely off when you shut off the ignition. When you pick one out please let me know, I was going to use one of the bank of 3 cigarete lighter outlets in my center console, but they're always on.

I'm not sure if you ahve the corect isolation module or not...I think you do and that they're not brand specific, thats what the wiring harnesses are for, but I'm not certain the iso modules are universal so I'll defer to other more experienced owners here.

The big red wire I think does go to the coil, but I don't know which terminal. If you go to Fisher's website they have full wiring diagrams and instructions for all the mounts and trucks they'll fit.