1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 Chevy 3/4

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by IPLOWSNO, Jun 29, 2013.

1. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys ,,

I found a 3/4 ton Chevy from the pics it doesn't look too bad,,

Here's my question,, it has a lift ,fisher straight blade , a 6.0 motor with 140,000 on it for 5 grand

I have a buddy going to check it out because it's too far away and it's his backyard,,

Anything to keep a lookout for?

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Not really, just watch for frame cracks.

3. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

You sure it's a 6.0 and not a 5.7? Not that I have any complaints about either motor.

Reg cab, crew cab? How rusty, how are cab corners? How old and how big of plow. Can your buddy test the plow ?

4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I had a 2000 EC/SB Chevy 2500 with the 6.0 and 8' MM1. Plowed with it for 10 years as my only truck. Before I sold it, the front end had started making a growling rattling noise. Thats the only complaint I had with mine.

5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Cab corners and frame cracks are the only things that come to mind.

6. IPLOWSNO

I came across a ford too with 90 thou on it just waiting to see if it has a plow,,
    The chevy rockers are gone and the motor ticks!!
    And it has body damage here and there

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'm a hike from you but check out my 05 Ford I have listed here. Newer truck, better miles, not a used up plow truck, and similar $. I can set you up with a Boss for a great package price if you're interested.

8. IPLOWSNO

Yea I seen your truck looks real good and i did think about it ,,but like you said the distance is huge,

I'm talking to the guy with the ford but I ask several questions and he answers one lol I hate Craigslist

I think I'm leaning toward the ford now, less miles and it's got a plow also, a couple spots of rust but I can fix that easier than the Chevy even though I like the Chevy , I have to buy the best I can with the money I have,,
    can't figure out how to post pics from my phone!!

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol no prob. Gotta love CL people!

10. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

If the chevy is a 6.0 new body style it will have frame rust and rusted out brake lines. They look clean but the rust just isn't where you normally look.
    Brake lines are over $1000 at most shops due to the difficulty of access.

We have one and it's a workhorse but I would trust a ford from the same era more (we have one of those too)