1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by john95chevy, Oct 18, 2007.

1. john95chevy

john95chevy Junior Member

what do you guys think the value of this truck is

2000 chevy
    3/4 ton regular cab long box
    4x4 power windows/locks
    carpet floor
    runs drives and looks great
    6.0 gas
    *227,000* miles :-(

im not trying to sell it to you guys i just want to see what you think it is worth, but it is for sale

i own it i bought it cheap and am going to sell it and want some imput on how much to put it up for
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

What motor? Are you selling it or thinking of buying it? If it's a gasser, unless it's a REALLY good deal, then I'd stay away from it.....JMO though
  3. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

Thats alot of miles...
    Looks and drives great?
    You might be able to get $7500 for it...
  4. john95chevy

7,500 would be great i think maybe a little too good to be true but time will tell

this truck by looking at it or driving it you cant tell the miles untill you look at the odometer
    i couldent beleive it myself the miles bother me but i couldent pass up the deal
  5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

6. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Lu... you & Mikey have the same truck! Right down to the plow too... just missing his million dollar strobes & airport lighting!
  7. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

A truck with that many miles, I wouldnt pay more than 5 grand for it. There is no telling what is going to go wrong. I only paid 10,500 for mine with 83k miles with a plow and new trans
  8. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

thats 32,428 miles a year. Do you know if they are highway miles or what?
    Auto or Stick ? Every been plowed with.

i'll give you $1500 for it
  9. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

Yes, Ive come to realize that. I think there's three of us on here with the same truck.

Also, I do reject my estimate of 7500. Thats alot of miles. 5k seems a little better...
  10. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I would say anywhere from $5500-$6500 would be a fair price depending on how clean and well maintained it is.
  11. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I worked for an equipment rental company for a year, I was driving a 2000 2500 non HD 2wd with a 6.0. It hauled equipment and towed bobcats and mini-excavators 6 days a week. It was beaten like a rental car it's entire life. When I got into it there was 235k on it, only been 19k since it's last oil change. I started changing it every 5K. When I quit it had 285k on it, last year I saw it was still going strong with 315k. Original motor and rearend, tranny was changed only because someone ran over something and tore the pan off. Changed exhaust manifolds when they cracked at about 250k

Did I mention the truck was beaten? In and out of unimproved, offroad construction sites all day, carrying heavy loads and almost always towing something, up to 10k. Throttle wide open all the time. Man what a great truck that was. I hated it at first, but after I began to appreciate how much heart the little truck had, I really started to like it.

So, in my experience the 6.0 can go high miles, but only if you beat on it.
  12. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

13. topdj

topdj Senior Member

14. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

15. john95chevy

7500 is a great deal for that truck, i know i wont get that for mine i put it up for 6,500 obo and will take no less than 5000