1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 Chevy 2500

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by scottyknows50, Jul 20, 2010.

1. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

Pics of the Chevy plow truck, resting in her home-
    2000 Chevy side.jpg

2000 Chevy front corner.jpg

And a picture of this old beast just because it's sitting in the shop-
    Lemans on the ramps.jpg

2000 Chevy side.jpg

2000 Chevy front corner.jpg

Lemans on the ramps.jpg

2. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

I'm running Timbrens in the front, but was wondering if there were any other suggestions for plow prep? What extra lights do you feel are necessary? I like the racks on Mossman381 and TJS' trucks- any others worth noting? I will probably build my own. Any other "must haves" for a plow truck? Thanks.

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

A good sound system. :D

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Working heater/defroster and a 4 speed fan.

5. lotec25

lotec25 Member
    from Florida

6. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Nice truck. I really like the color. I would put some extra backup lights on. It really helps if you are plowing at night. Post some pics of your backrack when you get it built :nod:

7. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

are backup lights better fitted into the bumper or on top of a rack? i'm leaning towards on the bumper right now.

8. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

The bumper is probably the best place for extra light behind you. I have lights in my bumper and on my rack. You can't go wrong with extra light.

9. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

having a chrome ag bumper i may have to rethink where i put them- maybe the space between the tailgate and the bumper. nothing is there now but i could fit a piece in there that can fit two lights.

10. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

my rear end (of the truck) seems much higher than my front- does anyone know what kind of springs i should be looking for to even things out?

11. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Turn up the torsion bars in front.

12. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

I would just run Timbrens up front. Thats what i did and it doesn't squat AT ALL with a 8 1/2 foot Western. That is all she needs! Good luck!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  13. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

sorry, i should mention that i have timbrens up front already. and the squat is without the plow on. just its normal set up. with the torsion bars will i need to do an alignment?

14. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Its not a bad idea, I went to an alignment shop to do mine, tbars and alignment was $90.