1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 Chevy 2500 W/truckcraft dump

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Treedoc32, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Treedoc32

Treedoc32 Member

Here is our main truck in a fleet of 5. I recently had 2 leaf springs added to the rear. The dump bed is a truckcraft TC120 with a TC130 Salt spreader. Here is some Pics.
  2. Treedoc32

Treedoc32 Member

oops! here is the pics.

3. Treedoc32

Treedoc32 Member

Another view

4. Treedoc32

Treedoc32 Member

Heres the pic of the spreader

5. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

nice truck
  6. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

A truly fantastic looking setup, you must be very proud! :drinkup:
  7. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

I know this is a really really old thread, but if anybody is still watching it, how is that strobe light mounted on the dump insert. I've got an identical setup, but the light has been sitting waiting for me to fix it and I've been thinking about how to mount it back in there. I like this one.
  8. GTLS

GTLS Member

That Chevy is gorgeous! I have the same one, and I'm glad CWBY brought it back to life because I am also curious about the mounts. I just got a mini light bar for mine that needs to be mounted on an insert, too.
  9. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

I like that dump insert a lot. i don't think anyone around here has them, but they're cool!
  10. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

I've had my insert for 2 years now, but I was running a tailgate swingaway spreader before, so every year out comes the insert and on goes the spreader. I've never seen anyone mount the lightbar like that. LED hide-aways this year, but I'd love to get my lightbar back on!
    I love the dump by the way, it's made mulch and yard clean-ups so much easier!
  11. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

That truck looks great! What does that rig weigh as shown?
  12. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Why did you take the insert out of the 08 truck?
  13. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

Don't know about curb weight, but the dump bed (without options) weighs 420 lbs. I figured it up when I bought mine, I can haul more in my 3/4 ton Dodge with the aluminum bed, than I could have in an F350 CC with a steel one.
    The bed as seen on that Chevy is probably right around 500 lbs, maybe a touch more.

*EDIT - forgot the salter. That adds about 150lbs, then subtract the weight of the original tailgate. So we're still in the ballpark of 600lbs. I don't have the spreader on mine. That's actually how I found this thread.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  14. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I bet he still have the insert in the 08. This thread is from 04. I bet he didn't have the 08 at that time.:laughing:
  15. Treedoc32

Treedoc32 Member

I'll have to take a few pics and post them. I basically used 2 pieces of .08 thick aluminum signs and bolted them on the cab protector. All of the wiring is run inside of the lowest side rail on the driver side to the back of the truck and then along truck frame to cab.

Thanks. The dump was purchased in 2001. It is now in a '08 3500HD Chevy. I'll post an updated picture of the set up.

The weight sounds about right. Definitely lighter than a steel insert. It's held up great with very few problems.

Hey Mike, it's still in the '08. Love the setup!
  16. Treedoc32

Treedoc32 Member

Here are the pics.

Originally I had mounted the light bar on one sheet of .08" sheeting only to find out, after a few years the sheeting begins to crack along the cab guard. So I replaced the aluminum sheet with 2 sheets of .08" aluminum sheeting. So far no signs of cracking.

In the second picture, you will notice a back up camera and a work light. I put the backup camera on so I can see when I need to reload the tailgate with salt when the bed is partially up instead of lowering the bed down each time. The camera is powered off of the work light. When the work light is on so is the camera.

light bar 2.JPG

Light Bar.JPG
  17. Treedoc32

Treedoc32 Member

Here are some pictures of the current set up.

The last picture has the truck that the dump insert was previously in.

Picture 029.jpg

Picture 024.jpg
  18. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

That is a great looking setup on both trucks!. Brilliant idea with the camera! Does that mount for the light bounce much when traveling? I haven't used mine for salting yet, but I was toying around with the idea. That's how I came across this thread, actually.
    Looks real good!Thumbs Up
  19. Treedoc32

Treedoc32 Member

Thanks for the thumbs up.

The original sheeting cracked after about 4 to 5 years. It had a little bit of flex in it especially with the original light bar I had on it. Since I have added another sheet to the platform and upgraded my light bar, the platform is more ridged.

I left you a pm.
  20. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

I'll have to do a couple sheets when I do mine, or maybe some thinner steel. My current lightbar is exactly like your old one. Did you get it from D&M Distributors?