1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 chevy 2500 - is there any difference ????

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ernest, May 16, 2007.

1. ernest

ernest Member

Is there a difference between a 2000 - 2500 and a 2001 - 2500 HD. Do u think 10,000 is a good price for a 2000 - 2500 in great shape with 115000 mi. Its a LS ext cab and the guy says he pulled a fifth wheeler on occasion.
  2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

seems like a lot of miles for a gas motor plowing and pulling a fifth wheel. i would check the truck out thoroughly. and check kelly blue book for the value. if you notice my post on my purchase of a used truck buying from a dealer isnt always safer or cheaper so i think your decision to buy private sale is a good idea. probably not that truck though. worth checking out though.
  3. payton

payton Senior Member

hell ive got the excat truck for sale in the sale section with a plow already on it.

take a look.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The only difference between the regular 2500 and the 2500hd is the hd has a bigger radiator opening and everything is alot more HEAVY DUTY. Hence the hd. I own a regular cab hd and there is a big diff between the one we have a work and mine. The one at work is a regular 2500 ex-cab. Also I think the 2500hd sit a little higher too. The one we have at work has the same tires on it as mine also and it doesn't even compare to how high mine sits and mine is stock. Hope this helps.

5. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

HD sits 2" higher.
    The big differnce is the HD has the full float rearend which is much better for towing and hauling heavy loads.
  6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I have a 2000 2500 reg cab. It is a great truck and has 93k on it right now. It is the full loaded LS as well. I paid 10,500 for mine with the plow on it. But it will be going bye-bye tomorrow hopefully for an 07 2500HD LT 4x4:D
  7. ABM

ABM Junior Member

I have an 01 HD regular cab with the 8.1 and Allison that has almost 200k on it with no problems at all besides regular maintenance, a few gear selector switches on the tranny (a common allison problem... they get moisture in them and fail because of the location on the tranny where slush gets thrown directly on them), and a crank position sensor at 170,000 miles. I wouldn't be scared of it at all if it has been maintained.

The difference between the two is night and day... the regular 2500 is basically a beefed up 1500.... same frame etc. The 2500HD is a completely different truck with a much larger frame, suspension components, braking system, etc. The first year or two GM didn't offer a 3500 single rear wheel truck and the HD's are basically all the same as a one ton.... very heavy duty package. I'd definitely buy a HD before a regular 2500.

I think that 10k is right in the ballpark although you may be able to find one for less if you spend some time looking through the auto swappers or work for a better deal.... the gas trucks aren't in demand like the diesels.