1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 Chevy 2500 (8600)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TMLGC, Nov 4, 2013.

1. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

I got this from a small dealer about 2 years ago. It's got 130k on it now. It was a bit older than what the dealer normally sells but was in such great shape they put it on the lot. They replaced the oil cooler lines, brake lines (rust resistant), steering box and new battery before sale. I hope to have a used 8' Fisher for it by the end of the month. It's headed into the shop tomorrow for a once over and some routine stuff to make sure nothing needs attention prior to the winter or plow install. I debated trading it for something newer 04-06ish 60-80k. with less miles but this appears to be in better shape underneath than most of the trucks I've crawled under, plus no payments come January.

2. DuramaxLML-42

DuramaxLML-42 Senior Member

8600? Is that the price or motor. I didnt know GM made a 8600... Probably the 8100. Anyway, great looking truck! Hope everything works out for you.
  3. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

Sorry was referring to the gvwr, it is not the HD, it has the 6.0L.
  4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck, I had one just like it. I sold it 5 years ago with 54k miles. Mine was silver and had an 8' MM1 HD.
  5. Conmancounty

Conmancounty Member

My truck is identical to that truck same year and color. Mine ahs almost 280,000 on it. Mine has the rear slider window and dark tinted windows. Does your's have the dual batteries. nice truck!!!!!!! oh i also have a Boss vxt on the front of mine.
  6. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

No it only has 1 battery, unknown if it used to have 2 or not. I was debating having another one installed with the plow. I was going to see what they suggested. Good to see a similar truck with high miles!!!!!! I like it, mine runs great only a few very minor electrical annoyances that do not affect how it runs or operates.