1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 chevy 2500 4x4 ?which one do i have? K2500 GMT?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ACA L&L, Dec 9, 2011.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Si i just bought a chevy k2500 gmt, has the 454 4x4, single cab, LB, base model, not fancy, older body style, when checking for vin, build date on door shows, 9/99

pretty nice truck overall under 100k, runs/shifts/drives awesome,

My problem/question is will a Meyer DP 7.5 mount #17119 mount up to this frame? Its a brand new plow the guy has for 2k, cant pass it up, its in the box!

Or is there a way to mount this plow for the drive pro mount/to the chevy, more important which one do i have?

choices are

k2500 classic GMT

k2500 HD (air filter says HD? no iodea , meyeer asks for the one or the other, they both have diffrent mounts, when i checked the http://www.monmouthtruck.com/meyer.pdf it shows 2 diffrent ones

I think this will mount up, the smaller DP style is fine for what we do, so thats not the issue, the issue is what truck do I have, or which mount will work.
  2. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

sorry, truck title says K2500 gm 2500
    after that i cant find which one i actually have.
    K2500 classic gmt 4wd

k2500 HD 4wd

the fact that they have 2 body styles for this year, and more than 2 selection on the type of 2500 i have scares me from ordering mounts and what not....im a 1970-87 chevy guy, i got all those years, im lost for the 2000 style/year and what not.
  3. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Take it to a plow dealer and let them figure out which one you need.

4. Michaelzz28

Michaelzz28 Member
    from Ohio

do you have the old body style or the new body style looking at what you posted it is the old body style (classic)

looking at the meyer site it looks like 17119 mount but I would check with a dealer as well to be sure!
  5. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Ok so i ran a carfax report, it says 2000 chevy K2500 4wd 7.4 Litre FI

I also got meyers websiute to spit out what i wanted which is the mounting Number this plow has, 17119#

Its a Drive Pro, 7.5, brand new 2 years ago, from the county managers office, in the box, with warranty , which was filed by the county. If anyone can confirm or deny my findings that would be great, about to drive 4 hours each way and would like to know if would need a diffrent mount, which would make my offer reflect that final price, thanks anyone.
  6. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Thanks Michaelzz and white gardens, although we dont have dealer within 444 miles, im sure that would of been my first stop, not plowesite, and even then when u just want info not parts, they dont seem to know much........thanks again guys, i think i have the right mount for the truck, its gonna work real nice for us, although that 454 is a nightmare on ice, it hauls butt....havnt had an older chebby in awhile.
  7. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

No problem on trying to help, even though it wasn't much, more of just a statement.

What problems do you have with the 454? I love my 496, but the truck is big so it never gets squirrely.

8. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

This am when I posted about the truck, I was not aware of any problems, then today around 4-5pm I hgappened to take a short ride with the family 100m iles outside of town up a mopuntain, 2 ft of snow (roads plowed), did i notice how shot the front suspension,steering is. This was juts a truck b4 i got it so not sure why its so shotty, makes alot of noise( more than the typical chebby) i m ight need to take it dopwn the street to get some advice from my buddy who is the expert among my group of guys. The knocking when 4wd is engaged and your turming was narrowed down to drive axlw, or cv boot? by myself, noit sure what it was as i have put exactly 200 m iles on it since i bought, about 199 more than i should hgave before we got it all checked out and started a list to get her work ready, so far tho i love this truck, alot, cant wait to get it set up for snow and lawn maint. this coming summer. I do believe the plow mount that the county manager has will work for thje 3/4 ton chebby. mount #17119 DP Meyers