1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 chevy 1500

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jasbo, Nov 11, 2009.

1. jasbo

jasbo Junior Member

I keep hearing conflicting answers to plowing with my 1500 chevy. Some say its too low in front end to plow unless i put in some kind of lift kit in front end. Is there anyone out there who plows with this same kind of truck and can help??

2. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

I have not plowed with this truck, but just finished installing the sub frame. Per the western literate the bottom pin holes on my frame are to measure 9.5 to 10.5 on level ground. Mine falls right in that area and my suspension is completely stock, have not even cranked the t bars yet.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=81440&page=2

3. x.system

x.system Senior Member

My 02 has a western uni mount 7' 6" and the front drops 1 inch when the plow is raised. My truck was lowered 2" front and 4" rear before. I lifted the rear back to stock and put leveling keys in the front, no crank at all and it sits level with the plow in the raised position. Wish I would have bought a 8'. You should be able to crank the stock keys depending on which plow you decide on.

4. Mudchevy

Mudchevy Junior Member

Put a set of Timbrens in. A little bid of weight in the back will also help. Keep in mind you will go through tie rod ends and wheel bearings faster.