1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 chevy 1500 4x4 auto shift t case needed

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by banonea, Mar 10, 2011.

1. banonea

banonea PlowSite Fanatic

Im am looking for a transfer case for a 2000 chevy 1500 ext cab. this has the auto 4x4 with the push button on the dash. it has 1 round "auto"4x4 and 3 square buttons under it. I belive the one I need is a 4160E.
    Can any one help?

2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

You describe the switch but do you know if in fact it is the transfer case that is faulty?

3. banonea

banonea PlowSite Fanatic

the cluches in the t case are sliping bad. Checked the heater in the front diff, the t-case motor and computer for the 4x4, all are working. lifted the truck off the ground and all wheels move when in 4 hi but backed the truck up to a snow bank and put in 4 low and the front wheels dont move. the auto 4x4 t case is like a auto trans( I never knew this but I got a uncle that owns a junk yard) and the cluches are known for going bad if not maintained. the truck had high miles when I bought it and it has over 190,000 on it now and a rough life.

4. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Oh ok I heard that if plowing with the auto 4X4 it would burn up those clutches a buddy of mine just burned his up that way, cost him $650.00 to fix, good luck.