1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 3500 roof & parking lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mypolaris1, Feb 3, 2010.

1. mypolaris1

mypolaris1 Member

So I got a wake up knock at my house last night. Neighbor stating your lights are on your truck! Huh what? As I wake up. Anyways, I KNOW the parking lights were off when I parked her, they turned on themselves and no matter what I do with the switch, they won't shut off.
    Believe it or not, the same thing happened a couple months ago. I have already changed the light switch. Sure I suppose it could be the new switch is junk, but any other ideas besides the switch?:dizzy:

2. 1999 GMC 1500

1999 GMC 1500 Member

alright, i had the same thing happen to me but i had a plow on my truck. i checked it out and all it was was the ground cable on the battery was loose and the bolt was to long. so check how tight the bolt is and go to home depot and get a smaller bolt if it has a plow on the truck.