1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 2500 Power Mirror Issue

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by joshg, Feb 22, 2016.

1. joshg

joshg Senior Member
    from VT

Finally installed a new mirror on my truck. It came to me with broken driverside power mirror.

I installed new mirror to match originals. It has heat and auto adjustment (not the power extending type).

Power adjustment is not working. Test light on plug at mirror finds that power is there for the heater/defroster. No power for the adjustment. I took apart the door switch panel and checked the plug there with a test light, no power on any of the connector pins going to the switch. I checked fused under the hood referenced in Hayes Manual and fuse panel in the cab (left of steering wheel). No issues found with fuses. Looks around the under dash relay panel and didn't find anything loose.

Since no power at the connector going to the door switch I assume I have a broken wire or connection somewhere... not sure how to trace these wires as they go through door boot behind dash and then who knows.... anyone have any ideas?

2. joshg

joshg Senior Member
    from VT

This is helpful but I don't think its my switch because unlike this guy I don't have power at the white plug to the switch coming in to the door. https://youtu.be/2LHRkWpQtfw?t=4m18s