1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000+ 2500 LONGBED Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by HBLandscaping, Mar 2, 2007.

1. HBLandscaping

HBLandscaping Member

Does anyone out there plow with a 2000 or newer 2500 Ext cab with an 8ft bed? What problems have you come accrossed while plowing? Im looking towards a new truck this summer but cant afford a 06 or 07 right now so im looking 2000 to maybe 2003/4. Im having a problem finding a short bed that isnt a crew cab. The longer bed helps because I do a lot of hauling and the extra room is helpful but when it comes to plowing Im worried about the size of the 8ft bed.

Im looking for any ideas, suggestions, pro's and cons.......Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. yankees1

yankees1 Junior Member

I plow with a 02 2500hd w/ a 8' bed extended cab. its a little tricky on tight drives but i do mostly lots at condos

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I plow with a reg. cab long bed and I hate it when I have to do my residentials. I would hate to plow with a ex-cab long bed. It just seems that you can't turn really good and I think that a truck with an ex-cab long bed looks like crap anyway. Try looking at autotrader.com and customize your search for the truck you are looking for. I know you can find one on there.

Ryan

4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

big boy

it takes 40 acres to turn around! i know from experience:salute:

5. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

If your talking about length only... I have a K3500, crew long bed. Honestly, I do have to be aware of my environment however, the truck has a great turn radius and there have only been 2 lots that I have avoided in over 10 seasons. However, if your a sprint jockey who slams and jams without much care then you want a much shorter vehicle maybe even a jeep which you can spin and turn with at the same time. For me the extra length and weight has bee a blessing when the snow is heavy wet and my truck and the bobcats are pushing full paths. - just my 2-cents

6. HBLandscaping

HBLandscaping Member

I just this week bought a 02 2500 HD Extended cab Longbed. It has already paid off for me. The snow we had the other day I used my 96 1500 Reg Cab because it still had my plow on it. Im not one of those fly in and fly out, I take my time on the jobs. My residential jobs I will have no problem getting in and out of with it, My two commercial jobs I wont have a problem with either. Im thinking about the future, I may be limiting myself on what I can take on, mostly residential and maybe commerical. Being in Maryland we dont get that much in the way of big snows, maybe a few inches here and there. This new truck is great for landscaping/hauling jobs and misc jobs I do, but just not sure what this "next" winter plowing, I'll just have to continue taking my time and be careful.
    Thanks