1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000-2001 Trailering electrical problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by smalltime, Apr 25, 2001.

1. smalltime

smalltime Junior Member

Has anyone ran into a problem where cruise will not work and the left turn signal will not work when you hook up a tailer at night on your 2000 or 2001 Silverado? This only happens at night, when the automatic lights are kicked in. As soon as I disconnect, I have cruise and a left turn signal back. In addition, the gear display will go out when I hit the brake pedal in daylight with the trailer hooked up. Once again, this goes away if I unhook the electrical.

What gives?

STeve

2. 85w/350

85w/350 Senior Member

definately wired wrong...i say bring it back to the dealer and have them check it

3. smalltime

smalltime Junior Member

One of the bulbs had a prong/nipple bust off that slid between the turn and running light connector and caused the short.

What a dealer, found this problem and changed this bulb and another that was out for $1.05.

Steve

4. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Good to hear the problem has been solved - and it sounds like you've got a good dealer too.

5. smalltime

smalltime Junior Member

Yea, as I am walking out I'm thinking there is probably not a chance that I would go anywhere else for an RV, travel trailer, trailer work, etc.

Steve