1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

$200.00 per event ??

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by junker1, Dec 2, 2012.

1. junker1

junker1 Junior Member
    from maine

$200.00 per event. just under 25k square feet. 1 yard of salt tops on a bad day. does that look ok? salting lot, walks, back doors, everything included. last night i only would have had to salt. some times I may be ther 5 times. its the lot in the middle.

GoogleEarth_Image.jpg

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

So its $200 if you spread a half load of salt. And $200 if you plow five times and spread two tons of salt?

3. TJSNOW

TJSNOW Senior Member

I would Not do per event pricing.....You could really get screwed.....:eek:

4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

$200 would buy a lot of budwieser though.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Could be enough for the next couple storms

6. TJSNOW

TJSNOW Senior Member

Alot......No.....Enough for a week or so...Yes.......:waving:

Not on per-event pricing it wont.......:laughing:

7. junker1

junker1 Junior Member
    from maine

Yes,

lets say 10 events with 25 total visits. each vist lasted one hour. that equels $80 per visit/hour..Minus $20 hour for salt,fuel insurance, etc, that is $60.00 hour. I feel that those times (25 hours) are high side, but of course i could be wrong.

now about seasonal. would that be a 2k dollar seasonal lot. average snow fall last 50 years is 80 inches a year.

8. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

How much are you paying for salt?

9. junker1

junker1 Junior Member
    from maine

I would be using a 10 cubic foot tailgate spreader. the salt would be free from the contractor i would be subbing off. I would only pay gas to go get as much as i could fit ( within reason ) say a couple of storms worth. $20 per load.or maybe he can drop off a load to me?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  10. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

I would try to go with the seasonal . Then charge for the salt as needed.

11. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

What if an "event" lasts 2 days? The whole per event thing seems dumb unless its tiered. Per plow or seasonal is the way to go I think.

12. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

1 yard of salt is way too much:eek:!!!.....even if it was a sheet of 1" thick ice that would be too much. I think you need to re-think your numbers.