1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

20 years and still going strong

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Jim@esitrucks, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Just did a service on this V plow...behind the bumper mount, under hood hydraulics..still works like a champ
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

It is a Boss plow,would you expect anything else!

3. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

sweet!!

someone donate a cant of paint!!

4. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

I think he has put all the money it to it as he plans....he is selling the plow and truck now...

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Had a local outfit running one they purchased new in '87. Went 25 years on six different front line trucks until they finally retired it after last season. It was swapped onto the front of a Kubota tractor and will perform farm road plowing duty's during it's semi-retirement.

6. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I still have one also. It is on an 88 chevy.

7. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I have one on my 89 chev, works great just a little PM and some paint and I'm ready to go.

8. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

yeah its crazy to work on the old chain lifts...we've delt with a few all worked great!

9. jnjpream

jnjpream Junior Member
    from CO

I have one that I modified to fit an RT3 frame.. I call it Frankenplow. Found an RT3 manifold for it too. I still have the old SH201 and a 1602 manifold. Thinking about selling them. Anybody interested in a spare? Is there a market for them anymore?

Jeff

10. 1984 Dodge Plow

1984 Dodge Plow Junior Member

I'm currently looking for the 1602 for a V Plow I'm looking at getting. How much are you interested in for it?

11. JOHNCTC1

JOHNCTC1 Junior Member

I have one on my 95 k1500

12. Robb Fischer

Robb Fischer Junior Member

Plow part

Hi - Have this same exact plow and it's working great. Last year I sheared a pin and cannot figure out a part number or dimensions for a replacement. It one of the pins that hold the plow into the frame. I rarely ever take the plow of of the truck because all I use the truck for is plowing. It's one of the quick hitch pins that also holds the spring. When you pull the handle for the cable on the frame, it lifts these pins up so that you can back the plow off of the frame. Would you have any idea of the part number or the dimensions for the pin?
    Also, any idea of the age of the plow? I bought the truck (1990 Ford F250) with the plow from a farmer in my area, but he didn't have any of the paperwork.

Thanks,

Robb

13. RIRAM2500HD

RIRAM2500HD Senior Member
    from 02914

That's amazing !

14. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

And it has "2" Headlights......

15. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

Must be they last longer when they have a chain lift because they do less damage to the truck!! Haha

16. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

14 Years!

My last Boss 7.5 Straight blade was 14 Years old and on 5 different trucks. Total maintenance was 3 hoses, 2 solenoid, 2 cutting Edges, Annual fluid changes. When I bought my new,Super Duty last year I put the old plow on Craigslist for $1500 I sold it to the first guy that looked at it. After selling it I had 7 more guys that wanted it. These BOSS plows sell themselves if you take care with them.Also this plow was on a Business truck as is my new one serving 53 Customers each Winter.

17. BossEric

BossEric Member

wow, It's been years since we've seen one of those in the shop! I always tell the customers , it's all in the way you take care of your plows and equipment.If you want it to last 5 yrs or 20 yrs.

18. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Maintenance and taking care of it goes a long ways!

19. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Actually, the chain lift plows did hold up to hard use better.

They were also 10x easier to hook up compared with the stupid Rapidtach that was anything but rapid.

20. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

How in the hell did you get 14 seasons out of two cutting edges???!!??