1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

20" Tire Trap

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by NorthwestPlower1, Jan 18, 2011.

1. NorthwestPlower1

NorthwestPlower1 Member

I got an 08 F250 FX4 with the 20" rims I am about to turn 41k and will need tires soon. What are you all buying? Got any pics? I think this will be the last time I buy a vehicle with 20" rims I have been quoted almost $1,400 for BFG A/T installed. They look so good though.

2. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

I bought Goodyear for my F-350 with 20's. Been real happy with them. Mine are almost 2 yrs old now. But when I bought them there were only 2 options for 20's. I paid $800.00 OTD.

3. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

Price a set of 16" rims and tires, might be cheaper. If not this time, then next time.

Chad

4. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Im not sure about the Fords but dodges have gone to 17" rims to accommodate larger brakes and calipers.

5. Sno What

Sno What Member
    from CT

Decent 18" tires aren't much cheaper.

6. weareweird69

weareweird69 Senior Member

I believe the smallest he can run is an 18.

We all run Nitto's on our stuff. They do good.

Or you can buy some Mastercraft, or off-brand tires for it that are cheaper, and will do just as well.

7. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

I run Goodyear Duratrac on our Ford Superduty's. My 08 uses the 20" stock wheel. Best upgrade to the truck thus far. My price on them was right around the $1200 CDN mark installed.

8. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

The last couple sets of tires I have put on the truck are Mastercraft courser CT's and they wear great and have good traction! the Nitto tires are a good brand as well!!

rimzoneonline.com is a great place for tires/rims!!

9. NorthwestPlower1

NorthwestPlower1 Member

what size nittos did you all go with? found this nitto size 275/55R-20 for $195 seems like a good price. I have 275/65R-20 now. Will it make a big differance? it is just lower profile right?

10. weareweird69

Just a lower profile, yeah, I use 1010tires.com's tire calculator to compare them.

11. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Shop around and you can find a little better. If you are going to keep it a long time and want to save money on tires go buy stock 17's or a set of Micky thompson 17's (don't look bad for about $120 a wheel). 17in tires are much more affordable. Put 285x70x17 bfg at ko's on our plow truck for about 770 bucks.
    Robert

12. SullivanNursery

SullivanNursery Junior Member

I have the Goodyear Duratrac on my 08-250 with 20" wheels. They are great tires so far with about 5,000 miles on them. They hum a little bit, but not annoying at all. I paid about $1,200 installed from our local ford dealer. They priced match the tires, so I found the cheapest price online and gave them the quote.
    Good luck!
    Alex

13. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Agree, this is what i'm going to do.....

14. NorthwestPlower1

NorthwestPlower1 Member

Will the lower profile throw off the speedo or computer? I got a guy here who has 17" rims for sale too. but I think I will go with the Nitto.

15. weareweird69

you guys with 05+ Superduty's cant run anything under a 17" wheel.

16. EXTREMEPLOW

EXTREMEPLOW Junior Member

Toyo 35x12.50-20 i have them on my 2008 superduty no lift and i love them i run a 9.5 extreme v fisher and i have no problems they also make a 275x65-20 both have load range e

17. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Can you post a picture please ?

18. EXTREMEPLOW

EXTREMEPLOW Junior Member

Pics of toyo mt 35x12.50-20 hope the pics work i am new to this site

PLOW PICS 080.jpg

PLOW PICS 081.jpg

PLOW PICS 082.jpg

PLOW PICS 083.jpg

19. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

Just buy the Toyo M/T's. A little more expensive but you wont find a better tire for all around performance, look, and wear...