1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

20" Storm Madison, WI

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by WIPensFan, Dec 21, 2012.

1. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I took a bunch of pictures ( with my cell phone, sorry bout quality ) from our recent blizzard! Very wet and heavy snow. We had nothing before this. This account has various sized islands and different sections as well as parking signs, handicap signs, privacy plantings and dumpsters that make plowing a PITA. Also, about 8" curbs bordering everything. During the day there are cars parked everwhere. The final 2 plowings I did with my Bobcat and 88" bucket because I had to stack as high as possible. I plowed this place 8 times over 2 days. They have access to every parking stall they have. Thumbs Up

Pics are boring but I will put them all up. First is just shop with everthing cramed inside to stay warm. Thanks.

storm 1.jpg

storm 2.jpg

storm 3.jpg

storm 4.jpg

storm 5.jpg

2. WIPensFan

More pics...

storm 6.jpg

storm 7.jpg

storm 8.jpg

storm 9.jpg

storm 10.jpg

3. WIPensFan

And more..

storm 11.jpg

storm 12.jpg

storm 13.jpg

storm 14.jpg

storm 15.jpg

4. WIPensFan

Last ones... This is also a corner lot with walks.

storm 16.jpg

storm 17 a.jpg

storm 18.jpg

5. FF/P215

FF/P215 Senior Member
    from 01085

Glad somebody got some snow! Looks like you started to run out of stacking room already!

6. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

We generally never have that opportunity here with big storms. Seems like when we get a massive snow storm, it's met with 40mph winds and ends up being impossible to plow with a storm.

7. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

OMG I AM SO JEALOUS!!!! We have never gotten snow above 12" And that was before my time.

I sure hope we get some white gold here. Nice pics, just next time. Take a good camera. Im bringing my DSLR and Gopro with me this year.

8. WIPensFan

I know, I have a good camera too. I had it and took a few shots but have not put them on the computer. I took most of the pictures when everything was done. I rarely feel like stopping what I'm doing to take pictures, it always seems like a huge chore during the storm. Cell phone is easy to email pics and then upload here.

Don't be jealous, this storm took it's toll on everyone here who plows for a living. Yes, you make money, but only if you survive and don't break your body or equipment.

9. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

This is a good & true statment, Its the only thing I dont like about large/long storms. I'm pushing my limits with my current storm. I'll be back at it in a few hrs.

10. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Lot looks good Greg! Glad somebody is getting snow......do you spread salt(or sand) much, or do you hire it out? Cant remember if I asked you that before? But I dont see any spreaders on your trucks?

11. WIPensFan

I have a Boss spreader on the 98' pickup. I always had more salting to do by hand with 5 gal. buckets or push spreader than spreading with a vehicle. Lots of walks and driveways. This account and one other I no longer do required the tailgate spreader.

12. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Nice clean lots! Thanks for posting.

13. Buck331

Buck331 Member

Looks like the really wet & heavy stuff. Must have been pretty tough on equipment! Did you guys experience "extreme cold temps" immediately following the storm?

14. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Glad we only got a few inches. First storm had to be fun with that much snow. The cobwebs go away pretty quick id imagine. We will be in Madison tonight doing some stacking at our properties. Lesson learned don't hire a sub 90 miles away who doesn't have a wheel loader

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  15. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

damn thats a hell of a kick off storm, you did a good job though.

makes me miss those good ole blizzards and 24+ hours in a skid steer staring at snow banks

16. WIPensFan

Thank you.

Tough on trucks, no problem for Bobcat.wesport Yes it got cold following the storm. Made snow blowing a little easier the next day.

Lots of guys without heavy equipment I'm sure were destroyed by this storm.

Thanks, and yeah, hate starting with one of these biggies.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  17. WIPensFan

Couple pics from relatives house, their guy didn't show as of this morning so I went and did it with "BOB".

18. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

That storm was def a workout for the mind body and especially trucks.... It was a never ending battle. got stuck about 10 times once bad enough I had to get pulled out by one of out other trucks. I took a few pictures but I was too busy losing my mind and trying to move snow as far back as I could to stop! The real pita was nothing has froze or has a good frost in it. We will have a fair amount of turf repair come spring...

19. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Pics you say??

20. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Probably makes a guy want to hold on to his skidsteer....