1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

20 min. for 20$ in gas

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by plowin207, Feb 19, 2010.

1. plowin207

plowin207 Member

i was using a friends truck the other day and he had told me there was something wrong with it filling with gas it wouldn't fill fast i thought he was exaggerating. well come to find out he wasn't when i stopped to put 20$ in it litteraly took over 20 min.:angry::gunsfiring::angry: you could hardly pull the handle at all or it would shut off it almost sounded like it was air locking it is an 06 2500hd any ideas what this could be

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It's a common problem. A friend of mine has worked on 3 6.0 Chevy's that would not take fuel at all. I don't remember what it's called, once I hear back from him I'll let you know if someone doesn't beat me to it.

He said the EVAP vent solenoid. Should set the code p0446. If you can use a scanner and activate the solenoid, if it doesn't click then its busted.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

It is the vent solenoid. I just had mine replaced on my 04 2500hd. Common problem.

4. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

What's the process and cost of this... my truck's starting to have a tough time taking gas... grrrr...:realmad:

5. h8to wrk

h8to wrk Member

I just did this cost me $40 and 5 min to install.

Search the web there are some great writups on it

6. Bigcat99

Bigcat99 Senior Member

This has been happening to me - but only occasionally - at one gas station near me. It doesn't do it though at other stations, so I was thinking it was something in the pumps at that one particular station. Hmmmm....

7. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Had the same thing happen on my Tahoe-search online for lots of info. Cheap fix.

8. D&S snowplowing

D&S snowplowing Member

Dose anybody if its a dealer only part and t he part number i prefer to walk in knowing the part number that way i dont have to deal with idiots

9. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

It Dealer item.

Have issues with Ford Taurus it $450 for parts we end went junkyard get one.

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

thats what you get for driving a ford taurus.

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

One step behind a Dodge.:rolleyes: