1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

20.5 x25 loader tires

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SHAWZER, Mar 1, 2012.

1. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

need 4 new tires, looking for your opinions on different brands, radial or bias? only use loaders for snow

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I have bias ply that us what came on them, once their shot (hopefully not soon), I will look at snows (Nokians are the brand that come to mind). Like you my loaders are strictly snow machines.

3. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

I may know where there's a decent used set, I'll make a call and check the size, and see if I can get some pics etc for you in the next day or so.

4. SHAWZER

sounds good thanks

5. Landcare - Mont

Landcare - Mont Senior Member

Absolutely Nokians if the machines are only used on snow. We've now got them front and rear on 4 of our loaders and two tractors and front only (so far) on two of the tractors. They're pretty pricey tires, though.

6. SHAWZER

i assume they are radials? any idea on price?

7. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Rochester NY craigslist a guy has some brand new tires in the size your
    Looking for.

8. Landcare - Mont

The Nokians are about $2,000.00 each; they're good for everything but mud. We've also put some recaps "Snow Plus" on our Komatsu WA320 and they're really good in snow. They were about $1,600.00 each including the casings in September 2011. If you have good casings, the credit should be about $350.00 each. The recaps were done by Pneus Lanoraie but bought through a commercial tire seller here we're no longer dealing with because of his lousy service on other stuff.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  9. SHAWZER

:help::help:thanks for info, who makes nokian tires?

10. Landcare - Mont

11. Landcare - Mont

Click on Customer Service then check the Technical Manual - Earthmoving, etc. The tires we put on our loaders are the Loader Grip.

Their dealer network shows a couple in Barrie but I don't know if they know anything about the big stuff.

Pro-Tech Tire & Auto
    http:
    570 Yonge Street
    L4N 4E4 Barrie
    Tel. 705-722-8000

Revolution Wheel & Tire
    215 Mapleview Drive
    L4N 9H3 Barrie
    Tel. 705-719-4500

12. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

Found out the set that I knew about have been sold already. Good luck with your hunt for tires!!

13. SHAWZER

my mistact never heard of nokian tires thanks for the info

14. SHAWZER

i found a picture of the nokin tires, they look awesume. u said you use the loader grip tires,,ever try the loader grip 2 tires? i am going to check into these tires some more.tymusictymusic

15. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I checked the Nokian site. The tires you guys are mentioning are pretty conventional looking. If all your work is S/R why not get some specialized snow tires for the loader?

16. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

17. SHAWZER

tymusic i have been looking into snow tires for loaders, i will update when they confirm prices and availability. prsport