1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

~$20,000 Ice control set up

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PTSolutions, Oct 1, 2010.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

Back at my dealer (same one with the BX-12's) and they were finishing prepping this truck for another customer, I've seen it around before and its pretty sweet.

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice set up. I have never sean a liquid set up in person. The liquid de-icer is not very comon in Maine.
  3. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

is that for liquid de-icing product or just a water mixture to help wet the salt being spread from the spreader to help it react quicker?? I know our town has some setups like this but I talked to the guys and they're just using the tanks to fill with a wetting agent so the salt react quicker..
  4. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

everything will be great until someone steals those boss wings.....
  5. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

looks like a money maker. definitely overweight for a 350 :rolleyes:
  6. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

the accuspray is both a pre-wetting and direct application system from snowex

yea, this setup should be on a 550.
  7. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Thats pretty slick looking. The plow wings are stored in a cool spot but i agree they might grow legs and walk away if parked anywhere for any length of time.

The tanks usually have a calcium or magnesium chloride brine in them that can be sprayed on the salt to get it to work faster or you can simply spray the brine on its own for pre-wetting prior to a storm.