1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by sven_502, Nov 8, 2009.

1. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

We just picked up this 7 foot western unimount a few hours ago, its a 2002. Came with a 1997-2003 style ford mount, which is the main reason we bought it, since its going on our 1998 ford f150 and is just going to be our farm truck. It's like my 7'6 pro plows little brother lol. The guy we got it from may have the wiring still, he's going to have a look around his barn for it. This plow is so much lighter than my pro plow, I can pretty much put it on without jacks by myself. Now we've got two unimounts, so I think we should be pretty safe this winter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the ford truck it's going to be going on. I'm trying to sell the fancy american racing rims on it if anybody lives in Canada and wants them, no interest in trying to ship to the states.
    [​IMG]

2. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Congrats on the second plow. The 150 looks pretty sweet. good luck this winter!

3. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

Thanks, I'm thinking of either attempting to fab some wings with the help of a friend, or possibly buy some, not sure. My 7'6 pro plow is hardly wide enough to angle, and this one is even smaller. This one ovbiously isnt as tough as my other one, but they dont do any commerical plowing. I figure the odds of both unimounts breaking down at once are pretty slim lol. That f150 is actually in really good shape, except for the gas tank/straps and the box rails are shot, other than that and a few other minor things I could've used it as a daily driver, but its just going to be our farm truck for now. Ought to last us about damn forever just using it here. Not bad shape for a 98 with 170,000 miles.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  4. APLC

APLC Senior Member

yeah i just got that same plow a few weeks ago, I already had the pro plow it is like its little bro it seems so much lighter than the pro put still will push the white stuff good luck

5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

if you dont mind me asking how much did you pick that western up for with all the mounts?

6. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

haha tailpipes you just wanna make me say it lol. 400 bucks for the 7 foot plow, with a 97-03 ford f150 truck mount, and possibly the wiring harness if the guy can find it.

7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I'll give ya $600 and I will come up and get it lol