1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 year old mm2 wiring on the fritz

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ram_tough2001, Nov 9, 2013.

1. ram_tough2001

ram_tough2001 Senior Member

i have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 with a 2012 mm2 plow. the wiring was fine all this past winter. this year, upon bringing the plow out the plow controller goes off by itself after being turned on. i narrowed it down to somewhere in the wiring, because if i wiggle the wires near the controller, and light harness it will act up.

are there any common problems with the harnesses on the 3 port module?

anyone had this issue before?

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Is the wiring brand new or used?

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Usually the routing of the wiring is the main issue. Look for chaffing on the wires

4. ram_tough2001

Wiring and plow were bought brand new in jan 2012

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

So ck the routing of the wiring. Make sure its not rubbing on anything sharp

6. ram_tough2001

i will check into it in a couple days. working early am, and getting out while its dark, without a garage, is no fun!

however, i think it may be a corrosion, or connection issue. if i grab the bundle of wires near the drivers headlight, and wiggle it up and down it will come back on.