1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 year old 860 speedwing won't stay in lift position

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by TAZPUSHER, Jan 26, 2011.

1. TAZPUSHER

TAZPUSHER Junior Member

Plow was working good,started lifting slow and then would lift and then drop after letting off up button. Checked oil,conections,anything I could.Called dealer since it's still under warranty and he thinks it's a lift cylinder. Plow is cleaned and garage kept after every use,and all motor parts look new.ANY SUGGESTIONS?

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Check you lift valve.

3. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

The dealer said "lift cylinder" I'm with John the my first thought is lift valve. I'm suprised the dealer would say that. I'm really thinking your S5 coil or valve whats happening is the plow is staying in float mode is the red light on your controler on "if you have touch pad controler" if the light is on your in float, thats why the plow wont stay up. The valve may be sticking or stuck open. Hope this helps you out.

Bob :D :D

4. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I have been dealing with this issue off and on since my plow was new. I thought it was a valve issue , even my dealer was ready to order one. As it turns out I have a picky plug. I get moisture in it even though I clean it all the time and it causes this to happen. Can you lift the plow then quickly cut the power and have the plow stay up ?

5. TAZPUSHER

TAZPUSHER Junior Member

860 lift

Dealer has new guy working on plows,not very knowageable yet...I have the joy stick controller and we just kept holding the stick back until it finally stayed up..This is the only blizzard we have, all rest are Boss...Never a problem with them..Some are 10 years old and on their 3rd truck...I guess I'll have to stay with Boss...

6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I'm with you man. I will preach all day the productivity of my 810 over my Boss V. But all my new plows will be Boss for the reliability. Really a 45 minute lot with the 810 take just over an hour with a 8'2" Boss V.

7. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

it is the s-5 coil valve for the float action