1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 wire x blade to 3 wire x blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by onedrake, Nov 26, 2014.

1. onedrake

onedrake Junior Member

just picked up my new plow truck, its a 2 wire xblade. i got a 3 wire xblade as well and would like to have the ability to use either plow on this truck. what do i need to do to be able to do this?

2. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

I believe you need a 3 plug control harness and battery cable. Remove the plastic cover and module. If you want to be able to swap trucks and plows all around it would be easier to put both 3 plug and 2 plug in each truck.

3. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

u need a 3 plug control cable 26345 and a 3 plug battery cable a solenoid and a 21' battery cable and lastl a control harness adaptor and install them then depending on which plow u want to use u'll need to do a little unplugging and plugging depending on which module u have heres a link of the different setups schematics so ull see wht u need to do easier than explaining it
    http://www.fishersnowplowparts.com/fisher-western-electrical-components/

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  4. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

if I read the op correctly hes got just one trk and 2 diff wire setup plows

5. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Idk it says "I just picked up my new plow truck". Good possibility your correct. If so just convert the 2 plug plow to 3 plug.

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ok.I'll throw this out,,, is it a fleet flex?

7. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

The truck and new plow has to be Fleet Flex. There were no relay style two plug X blades. That being said, you need to just wire the truck for both two plug and three plug systems. It's not bad to do, and it's much simpler and cheaper than trying to convert the three plug plow to fleet flex... That's not a practical conversion.

8. onedrake

onedrake Junior Member

sorry, i was a bit vague. it was dark out by the time i got home and am exhausted. didnt have time to look at it closely. I have one truck set up for the three wire blade, and this new truck set up for the new 2 wire blade. I d like the new truck to be able to run both plows if needed.

9. cubicinches

See post #7

10. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

they never made them from the factory that way BUT although unlikely It could of been converted to 2 plug relay some time during its life since OP didn't specify .....

11. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

I guess we were both right :)

12. cubicinches

I suppose... That scenario would be a long shot. But, I'd take that bet. payup

;)

13. onedrake

onedrake Junior Member

since you guys say to just wire the new truck for both 2 and 3 plugs. I just need to unclick the fleet flex box in ematch to get the right harness and then splice it in?

14. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

I hear ya I saw a old timer take a BRAND new mm2 8ft HD stormguard take the insta act off and turn it ito a FULL hydraulic MM just cause he liked it AND had the $

15. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Fisher makes a kit to add 2 plug wiring to a 3 plug set up (truckside). I just did one for a buddy.

16. onedrake

onedrake Junior Member

is this what i need part number 49665?

17. cubicinches

You've gotta add a three plug control harness, relay, and battery cable under the hood of your fleet flex equipped truck. Then you build an adapter to join both control harnesses to the module via the lighting harness. Or you just swap plugs under the hood whenever you swap back and forth between plows.

18. onedrake

onedrake Junior Member

gotcha.....dumb question would it make more sense to just convert the three plug truck and plow to fleet flex and be done with it?

19. cubicinches

You could convert the truck, but converting the plow is pretty cost prohibitive, in my opinion.

20. onedrake

onedrake Junior Member

gotcha thanks......just need to figure out what harness i need to get