1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 wire harneess/plug switch too 3 wire (plow side) ultra

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by fleet, Oct 23, 2007.

1. fleet

fleet Junior Member

I own all three wire set up on my ultra plows. I just purchased an extra ultra plow (plow side only)but it is set up as a two wire ( i guess some dealers used up the old ini-mount wiring harnesses in 2002-03 when 1st selling ultras) My question is can i just buy a male and female end and just splice it in..... I talked to a sub dealer and he was trying to tell me I had to switch out more.... any advise

I am also in nee of the parts if any of you have them for sale.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You can buy just the Headlight harness and the Pump control harness seperatly.

Its not worth splicing the pump control harness because of its short lenght but you could use the existing headlight harness and drop the pump harness part off of the headlight harness and splice a replacement end on.

3. fleet

fleet Junior Member

I beleive the pump power plug is the same on thuck and plow side. There is no issue there. I still will need two new plugs on the plow side since the ultra truck side has a seperate male 3 pin for headlight control and a 9 or 10 pin female for plow control. I can't reuse the present unimount plug on plow side for lights or control since the pin pattern is different(staight vs angled) I have to set this up so it will work on any 3 wire ultra set up on truck side.

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You might want to check in on the Fisher Discussion, Gary would be able to get you the part numbers from fisher that you need (fisher and western electrical parts are interchangable).