1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 square plow hook up on front of a 97 f250?? what kind of plow?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Nolimit124, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Nolimit124

Nolimit124 Member

Hi guys i was looking into buying a 1997 f250 with 160k miles for $2000. I figured it was a good deal its in pretty good shape is just needs tires.

However, it has a plow hook up on the front of the truck that is two small 1 inche by 1inc square about a foot and half away from each other. Just trying to determine what kind of plow was on there?

THe guy said it was a homeowners plow of some sort
  2. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

pictures would be helpfull...
  3. MBB

MBB Senior Member

I have seen that around snow bear maybe or lightduty meyers perhaps
  4. kj330

kj330 Member

It could be that hack "Pathfinder Snow Plows" his mounts are horrible. He is out of RI i think..

PARTSMGR Member

Square Mounts

Fathfinder uses flat bar links to mount their " minute" mount styles.. I used to work at a auto dealer and the boss cheaped out and bought one of them-- sucked big time-- We ended up mounting the headgear portion of it to the front of the truck with (2) 2" square receiver tubes and then welded on 2 shanks on the plow-- mounted it in 2 minutes- versus Pathfinder's 20 or so minutes.... Their older plows are great- I have an orginal one from 1979- still plowing strong.....
  6. lowcostlawns

lowcostlawns Junior Member

Boss RT1 Plows had square type mounting brackets.