1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2- speed skid steer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CNYScapes, Feb 13, 2004.

1. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

I wanted to know what would be a good size and brand skid steer for plowing parking lots. I want to use a 10-12 foot blade on it and it must be pretty fast as I am used to plowing with trucks. I was told a 2-speed model was the way to go. These lots are not big enough for a loader but still have some fairly long runs. What do you think?

2. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I would recommend an ASV RC-100 with a BLIZZARD 8611SS to do all of your parking lots and condo's.

www.asvi.com

3. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

I have a CAT 262 witha Blizzard 810SS plow on it. the two speed is great for making nice long passes, but it will not carry as much snow as my F-350 with Boss V. The skid steer simply looses traction (even with chains) and the tires spin much easier than my truck.

I would question wether or not it will properly push a 12-14 box.

Peter

4. CatDieselPower

CatDieselPower Junior Member

I like the Bobcat S-250 or S-300. They both have a 2-speed option, power quick-tach, radio, and very roomy cab. I would look into getting the hand control option too, because after about 8 hours of non-stop running your feet tend to get tired

5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott Senior Member

With a 10 or 12 foot you'll have to get a pretty big machine. Two speed is the answer. We are currently getting rid of our single speed turd for a two speed. We used a two speed this summer while our turd was being repaired and loved it. Huge difference in production when traveling long distance runs. A machine with high 60's or low 70's horsepower should work fine. Whatever brand you see fit. They're all similair and all can have breakdowns. I won't endorse our brand because they have problems and are addressing them too slowly. Work with someone local and that you get along with for a dealer, because eventually you'll need their service. These machines are in some bad elements and failures occur.

6. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

I've always like New Holland and was never a big fan of Bobcat but the new all wheel steer Bobcat is pretty sweet. The problem I always had running a New Holland with a pusher box is that once you tried to turn you lose traction because to steer the tires on one side have to stopp moving. I can see the all wheel steer being more like a truck and being able to keep better traction while turning than a conventional skid steer. Thats just my opinion, I would look into a All wheel steer bobcat w/ a 10' pusher box.

7. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

The ASV RC-100 is a 2 speed tracked machine. We use it to clear large areas along with the BLIZZARD 8611SS, it makes a great pushing machine.

8. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

A Bobcat S300 or another brand. Make sure it is the biggest model possible if ur gonna go for the 12ft box. You will need all the HP's and weight u can get. Don't forget to chain it up...:nod:

9. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

put a nice snow pusher on that.Thats what im thinking for a pkg lots

10. plowfreak101

plowfreak101 Junior Member

Maybe a rubber track skid steer loader such as the bobcat t250 or t300