1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 snow way questions

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by AlmarkTool, Jan 20, 2009.

1. AlmarkTool

AlmarkTool Junior Member

Does anyone have a link to a PDF instructions guide for the
    wireless remote ?

2nd) the book calls for 8 to 11 inch height for the centerline of the pin
    to frame mount for height, is this dimension taken with the plow on or off ??

Thanks
    Mark

2. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I disagree with Rick. The closer to 9 1/2 inches with the plow mounted on the truck but on the ground you can get the better the plow will work. Your measurement needs to be made with the truck loaded for plowing (loaded spreader, ballast, snow blowers, etc....) the blade on but resting on the ground with the DP off. the geometry has to stay right though out the full range of motion.

4. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

My bad, I agree with you Basher.....Plow on truck with plow down (and dp off).

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

LOL Shucks an I was hoping for an argument:jester:

6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I'm staying out of this one prsport

7. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

The installation manual (with verification from our technical service department) does say that the dimension should be with the plow off the truck. Bashers response is a little bit more detailed (based on his years of practical experience as a Sno-Way retailer), basically having the truck in "plow ready" condition (plow on ground and weight in back). The important part is that the a-frame should be parallel to the ground when in the "plow ready" position to insure optimal cleaning and cutting edge wear.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Absolutely, why I suggest a work ready truck. Guys push that 11 inches for ground clearance then load the back with ballast or spreaders and throw the measurement up to 12 1/2 or 13 inches then complain because they can't push full width of the blade.

9. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Although I agree with you because I have adjusted my V 9 times and only 3 have been going the manual, now its great (my own manual now lol), may I ask what that measurement has to do with full blade width while plowing. Can you detail that answer too?

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It's the same reason you need to level the center pivot on the Mega Vee. The pivot hinge needs to be as close to vertical as possible remember the edges travel dead perpendicular to the pivot hinge.

Being higher then the factory recommends does not seem as important with a mega. There seems to be plenty of adjustment. My Dodge is at 12 inches with an empty truck to a little better then 14 inches with 2 yards of salt in the "Dog."

The straight blades are a different story they don't have much adjustment.