1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 small issues

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by the new boss 92, Nov 2, 2010.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

my buddy bought a used powerstroke this year, and its wired and ready for an ultra mount. he wants to put his almost brand new unimount on it.

his 1st problem is the truck is wireed for 3 plugs, assuming that means its a 3 plug iso modual. can he plug his uni into his exsisting harnes or is there an adaptor?

problem 2, how hard is it to take that big bulky adaptor off the ultra monut undercarrige whaen not in use? he says its like sore thumb sticking out and doesnt want it on there all the time!

i would help him but im a boss guy and dont know jack about western! thanks guys!

2. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

I wired up my dads 04 1500 2 years ago, the truck needed the iso mod and was 3 plugs, the unimount from the old truck was 2 plug. You have to get the wiring to convert the plow to 3 plug. You have to remove the current harness on the plow, and they give you a harness that must be wired into the lights, then another that controls the hydraulics. It's not a bad install, the light housings have to be taken apart and the new harness has female disconnects that attach to the blades in the light assembly. The 2 prong power/ground to the motor remains the same.

3. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

If the adaptor that your speaking of is the "ears" in the front they come off with the pull of a pin, takes about 10 seconds per side.

4. the new boss 92

about how much do these conversions run?

5. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

I don't remember it being too expensive, all it is is a plug with a 3 wire lead for the hydraulics and a plug with a 9 or 11 pin lead for the lights. I just took a look at it outside, but don't see any part #'s.

6. the new boss 92

so when me and my buddy go and order it, should i juet tell them its for a new ultramount straight blade? or the uni that we are converting?

7. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

Thats what i did, i told them i was converting a 2 plug unimount to a 3 plug with an isolation module.

8. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

If you want it to be even easier you can tell him he needs to but new headlights, it wulkl already have the 9 pin harness all done.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Tell them you need a 26359 and a 26377 and expect to pay about $200 for the two.

10. the new boss 92

alright thanks for your help JCI,
    they are new headlights already, i just replace them last year because he hit a sewer a snapped them off!
    alright thanks b&b, im going to go on the price checking hunt right now!:drinkup: