1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 sides to every story

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Antlerart06, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Well I was ask to bid on Walgreen last year and after reading things on here I didn't bid on it.
    This year I was ask again and I told them send there rates. Same low rates and last night I replied, told them I was going decline on there contract. Plus I told them I did a back ground check and didn't like what I seen.

So here is the reply I got today ___________

Thank you for your update and response.

My rates are negotiable and I really would be interested in your prices.

Please let me know what you concerns are about the contract.

As far as the bad reviews, I have been worked in several aspects of the landscape industry, so I have been on both ends of the business. The common problems that occur are failing to maintain insurance, failing to maintain sites or perform services to the scope of work, and failing to complete a service on or by agreed deadlines. The key is communication.

Thank you for your time.

Feel free to contact me.

Tel: 866-571-4609 ext. 1043
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  2. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Of course that's what they are going to say. What did you expect??? Did you figure they would come out and say "yup... We will try and screw you over any chance we get". Did you read their contract?? It's an open invite to get screwed. Plus their prices are garbage.

They just took over a bunch of rite aids around here. Offered me less than half of what we were paid last year on a per service contract. We serviced these stores for the last 10 seasons through another management company without a single problem ever. The price we were offered for salting services wouldn't even cover the cost of salt. :rolleyes:
  3. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

So according tp them, its always the contractors fault, that he has to wait for 6 months to get paid, for work already done. I wonder what he meant.." I have been worked"? They make their money for doing nothing but running phones, while the guy that does the work waits..and waits..and waits..
  4. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

If they even get paid at all. They are crooks SO many bad reviews on them
  5. Antlerart06

I was sharing it I knew they would say that
    Yes I know there rates are very low
    They are having problems finding someone take this store But I know there will be some sucker take it on
  6. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

I laughed when I got to the end and it said frendindo and sons, go figure it's them again.
  7. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

8. danknight163

danknight163 Member

:laughing: GOOD LUCK GETTING PAID BY THEM :waving:
  9. Antlerart06

Are last big storm 12'' wet heavy snow. The company called me to see I would clean there public walk with my Skid.
    48'' walk my skid wont fit on that size of a walk+ the ground wasn't frozen

They found somebody with a skid. They rolled sod bad I hate to be that company now.
    I got a call from the company asking me give a price to fix the lawn now and replace some plants that they rip out.