1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 runs in with New Salt dogg!!!! Likes and Dislikes

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Timbercrk1, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Timbercrk1

Timbercrk1 Member

That cover is a royal pain. I am gonna try and make a cover out of a rubber and some hinges. Will see. I seemed to have to use the vibrator a lot. Anyone else got some opinions? Otherwise love the thing!!!! payup

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2007
  2. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

I run the vibrator all the time, it's there so use it. With the cover I ran the bungees so I could just flip the cover to one side, fill it, flip it back and go. If it's bad out and i'm salting like crazy, I put the cover in the truck and run without it. Last year I ran 10 tons in our ice/rain storm with no cover and it worked fine.

3. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

i have to say that so far our new dogg is awesome ,i ran bulk through it last year on some malls to see how it was and it performed very well, just watch temps if they drop quick get the salt out(happens in all spreaders) ,last year temp dropped fast and the salt clumped up and didnt spread too well(not at all it was all frozen), but ran to carwash(within half mile) stuck the wand in the salt and it had enough heat to get back to the site and get the salt out.wet salt does fine just dont let it freeze in there.
    also there should be some eyehooks on the side for the bungees.
    i would buy again...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

5. Timbercrk1

Timbercrk1 Member

I'm running bulk salt thru mine. Wondering if I should adjust the baffles or not? If I should how should they be set? Running the vibrator all the time is gonna get old quick! Buyers needs to come up with some more info in there directions very disappointed in those. Looks like snow for next weekend!! payup :dizzy:

6. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

7. Timbercrk1

Timbercrk1 Member

Cool, Let me know. Mine is on the factory setting. Thanks

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

9. cincy snowdog

pulling the salters out this week ,i will check to see where we put the openings,we moved them back and forth a few times to get it right,at first i agree it poured out .

10. cincy snowdog

ok Basher i pulled out the spreaders today,the setting are : the one in the rear is pushed as far closed as it can when the bolt stops the metal baffle,the other on is open about three inches or so. i havent had a problem with it but it is almost on the same lot or across the street and is only full when it is spreading not when plowing.not the best pics,top is the rear and bottom is the front.hope this helps .

insert spreader spinner,pto on e 70, 001.jpg

insert spreader spinner,pto on e 70, 002.jpg

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Thanks for taking the time