1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2" Receiver to fit Ultra Mount.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ff1241, Dec 29, 2011.

1. ff1241

ff1241 Member

I remember someone made and was selling a 2" receiver that would fit into the ultra mount truck frame brackets. Can someone post the link or point me in the right direction.

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

suscribing, i want to see how much this costs payup

3. topdog1

topdog1 Junior Member

Fit in how

4. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

buyers aka sam has them available now...80 dollars range each

5. Rumble

Rumble Member

Jim
    Any more info on this . Part number , can you get this ?

Thanks
    Tim

6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

1304406 driver side, 1304407 passenger side....85.00 each...I can get em for you

7. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Interested also.

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Jim, I'm assuming he means a 2" receiver type trailer hitch

9. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Interested x3

10. Philbilly2

one 2" trailer reciver hitch in the center of the truck is what we are talking about here right?

11. ff1241

ff1241 Member

It would take the place of one of your ultra mount recivers. I was thinking of getting 2 of them one for each front plow reciver mount and use them to mount a brush guard for my tuck.

12. Philbilly2

I have actully thought about doing that before. Not with 2" recivers, but fabbing up a removable brush guard that locks into the truck mount.

Never carried it out though.

13. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

That's what I was imagining, so you could add a winch or move trailers around easier.

14. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I thought about the winch idea but was worried about bending the mount as it is made for pushing not pulling. Just a thought.

15. Philbilly2

I think you would be save moving a trailer with it. But a winch puts a tone of pulling force on that. Not sure I would trust that

16. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

The trailer idea I think would be fine, but I would be leery about the winch.

17. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

Here's the installation instructions for a DrawTight 88-98 OBS front hitch. It essentailly mounts where the tow hooks do and is rated for 500 lbs tongue weight and a 9,000 lb winch line pull.

It would seem that the UltraMount could be modified to handle that with a little work, at least for straight pulls. I don't think I'd trust it to pull off center however.

18. weshermanllc

weshermanllc Junior Member

Just got off your and Buyers websites. This part number shows as more than $80. And at Buyers website this part number shows as a replacement plow receiver.

I though what was asked about was a 2" trailer hitch receiver that would mount up to the bumper brackets of a ultramount plow.

I've been toying with this idea for a couple years now. My plan was to obtain two Side Plate A's (Part number 40278) this is the plate that is used in the Unimount to Ultramount conversion kit. Bolt a receiver between them. Have even though of obtaining one plate duplicating it without all the extra mounting holes and excess steel and welding them to the end of a receiver.

Has no one done this yet, really???

19. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

I've had the same thoughts. I actually mocked up some brackets out of cardboard but never took it any further.

Hard to believe but apparently true (unless someone has done it but just isn't sharing).

20. ff1241

ff1241 Member