1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 problems w/ 91 C1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cullen, Oct 4, 2002.

1. cullen

cullen Junior Member

Gents,
    I have a 91 C1500 with just over 100k. I have a intermitant starter problem which seems to be progressive. I have changed out the starter and solinoid with no result. The ignition switch seems fine in that the lights/guages do their thing when I turn the key. Anyone have a method for a shade tree mechanic to test the neutral cut off switch or to locate a break in the wire. I could also use a online wiring diagram.
    In addition, when I push in the clutch I get a squeeling sound, my guess is the pivot point for the clutch release lever is worn or lose. Before I go into something like pulling the tranny, has anyone come across this before?
    Thanks,
    Cullen

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

You have a fully hydraulic clutch assembly in that truck, my guess would be the throwout bearing making the noise.
    The nuetral switch probably isnt the problem, however there is a switch located inside the cab that requires the clutch pedal be depressed to allow the starter to energize. I would look to that first.
    Dino