1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 Post Lift.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JD Dave, Jan 22, 2010.

1. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm pretty excited because today we started installing our new lift. I've wanted a lift for 18 years and I finally bought it yesterday. It's a Pro Park 9k. I few guys on the diesel site I frequent have them and they say they work great. Hopefully I will finish the install tomorrow.

Lift.jpg

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

thats nice, if you dont mind me asking, how much do they cost

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

how high can it lift... you can shoot somehitng right outta the roof ...lol

4. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

I am so jelous its not even funny.

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It was $2195 CAN They are around $1900 US for the same model.
    My ceiling height is a hair under 12ft, I measured our trucks and we should be able to just get under them. We will have to really watch the ceiling so we dont crush anything. I would have put it in the other side where the ceiling is 16 ft but I want that to remain for the big trucks and tractors.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Dig a floor pit that will help.;)

7. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

time to add some hieght to that roof....I wouldnt wanna mess around with a few "s....****** worker or just not paying attention and you have a big problem....1900 isnt bad at all!

8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i guess raising it at all is better than nothing..i wanna see a vid of it in actionprsport

9. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

As if you werent big time already, LOL

Looks good. Id love to have a lift someday like that!

10. farmer101

farmer101 Senior Member
    from indiana

(I am so jelous its not even funny.)

X2

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Raising the roof is a good idea if you an tell me how to do it on an 8400 sq ft shop I'll do it. I measured everything so 12 ft will be fine. It is only me or my full time guy using it so I hope everything will be fine. This is the other side of the shop I didn't want to put the lift in there where the space is more valuable to me.

Shop 003.jpg

12. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Where did you find a tractor big enough to lift the towers? :laughing:

They really are not that much money all things considered. My garage is just under ten feet. I might still put one in. Two bumper jacks would be about the same money......

13. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I'd kill for a shop like that! :cry: :cry:

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I will take a vid to show you I can walk under it.
    It will be really nice not to have to work on our backs anymore.

15. M.S.P.M.

M.S.P.M. Senior Member

They are nice I use them every day, it makes everything so much easier. and most of the two post lifts that I have used will not put a truck much higher than 12 ft so you shouldnt have to worry.

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The funny part is I had to get the neighbour to bring his little Case over to help me unload them and stand them up. All of our tractors are 25 miles away on snow duty,

17. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Looks :cool: JD

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That's good to hear. I've actually never used a lift in my life, so there will be a learning curve.

19. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

JD - I put a 9k lift in my garage last year. Its the most helpful tool i have in the garage! Now I want to change it out to a 15K. You'll love it for everything from changing tires to oil changes. We also use it to lift plows and anything you can think of.

20. M.S.P.M.

M.S.P.M. Senior Member

As long as when you are going to lift something you make sure that the feet are far enough to the front and back of the truck other wise it could be front heavy. Make sure you lift on a solid point like the frame. I always test it by when yo get it about a foot off the ground wiggle the vheicle lightly cause if its going to shift or fall it will do it then.