1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 Plug Unimount to '08 F-150

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by tyler886, Oct 4, 2013.

1. tyler886

tyler886 Member
    from RI

My buddy got a unimount plow and is looking to put it onto his '08 F-150.

The plow is currently a 7.5 ft 2 plug 9 pin I believe. Now besides needing the obvious ultramount and adapter for unimount, can the plow stay 2 plug, or does it need to be converted to 3 plug?

I tried doing some research and couldnt find out anything specific.

If it does need to be converted, does anyone know what number ISOMOD, harness, etc I'd need for this? Trying to piece this together on the cheap, so everything will be bought used, besides the mounts since I probably wont be able to find them.

If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it as this is trying to get done for this season.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well if your going to go ISO then I'm pretty sure you have 2 options. 3 plug or 2 plug multiplex. They both would need New plow harnesses

3. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

you wouldn't be going to multiplex for a unimount.

but yes, there is no relay wiring for any recent vehicles with the H13 lights. so you'd be getting isolation module wiring for the truck, and then you'd need to convert the plow to 3plug by adding the harness to the coils, and either changing the plow lights, or rewiring them. Also the 2008 ford is the year that takes the special 'softstart' 3port module.

So, what you should use is 29760-1 module, 28055 harness kit, 29049 headlight harness kit, 29047 Y-adapter, and 56131k-2 solenoid and 22511K little battery cable. the rest of the wiring for the truck is in that 28055 kit.

Then to convert the plow you need a 26359 harness to go to the coils, and either 64100 lights, or 26377 harness if you want to use your old lights and rewire them to save about $150.

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

You could use the 9 pin and just run the old toggle switch for the plow lights to keep it cheap!