1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 plug ultramount plowside to 3 plug plowside.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by JRS Landscaping, Dec 10, 2011.

1. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping Senior Member

My friend has a truck with 3 plug ultra, but the plow he bought is 2 plug ultra.....Can it be done, without switching truck wiring? How so? :mechanic:

2. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Very simple, need new headlights, a new control harness for the pump. Can be pricey tho. Someone will be along with part numbers and prices most likely.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Try looking on there website at the wiring diags I'm sure it can be done, how much wiring exp do you have? How much time do you wanna spend too?

4. JRS Landscaping

So basically the power cable stays the same, but the control harness is swapped for a 3 pin and a set of night hawks put on to get a headlight harness?

5. dieselss

Well yea kinda? The 2 pin, same. The 3 pin and 11 pin get swapped out..then comes the wiring FUN

6. JRS Landscaping

But it should be plug an play right? if you buy the western parts or you gotta cut and splice?

7. dieselss

Well u gotta change the lights, and the valve body wiring. Still have to splice wiring

8. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

If you change the lights and the control harness on the plow, you don't have to cut/splice anything. All plug and play.

9. JRS Landscaping

do you know part number for the control harness needed? I was also going to swap a set of night hawks on.

10. cubicinches

Plow side control harness is 26359

Nighthawk light kit is 28800

11. dieselss

Don't you have to wire in the lights? I thought that the harness just has blank ends on it. If so then it wouldn't be that bad.

12. JRS Landscaping

nope, if you buy the new night hawks they come with the plug Thumbs Up

13. cubicinches

Not if you're replacing the lights with nighthawks. Comes with complete harness...weather pack ends plug right into the bulbs.

14. JRS Landscaping

Thank you!

15. dieselss

Oh ok still dealing with the old reangle ones lol ill just shut me mouth now. :)