1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 plug to 3 plug question?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by fordpsd, Feb 13, 2009.

1. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

I recently bought a MM2 3 plug setup. Currently i have a 2 plug set up on my 97F350. My question is do i have to buy a new harness and replace the old one or is there an adaptor or conversion kit to add to my setup now to make it 3 plug?

2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

you can convert old 2 plug plows to the three plug stup, but I believe you have to re-wire the truck if you have a three plug plow and a two plug set up

3. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Ok, the truck side is the side i need to change to a 3 plug. so i need a new wiring harness correct?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct and you'll need to change all of it. And it will be expensive since you'll be basically starting from scratch. But the three plug is a better setup and much more common (since it's current) so in the long run it'll be worth it.

5. antanddom

antanddom Member

Hi I had a 2 plug to a 3 plug on an 05 f-350 coat me $1100.00

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Being that its a 97 ford (no offense) it would be cheaper to just change just the headlight harness on the plow side than switching the truck to a 3 plug. Down the road, if you swtich the plow to a newer truck you would probably have to switch everything to a 3 plug set up.

7. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Alright thanks for the input. So it would be cheaper to just change the plow side. What is it that i need to change on the plow side?