1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 plug plow to 3 plug truck ?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ticki2, Dec 2, 2009.

1. ticki2

ticki2 Senior Member
    from NH

I know this has been hashed out a zillion times , I've searched and still confused. We need a sticky.

Going from 2 plug MM1 to a 3 plug truck 03+ GM. What has to be done to the plow side for wiring?

Thanks

2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Call your fisher Dealer. They can give you the part number and price for the wires you need. I've never done it myself but I hear its very simple to do and not terribly expensive.

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

26347 - 11 Pin Plow Light Harness $110.00
    26359 - Plow Control Harness (Straight) $64.00

Or 26358 - Plow Controll Harness if its a "V" Plow $125.00

Your right,it has been gone over a million times but the threads are tough to search because they get cluttered with post from people who don't know what they are talking about.
    I'd be more than happy to make a Sticky thread with the conversions if the Mods allow it.

4. ticki2

ticki2 Senior Member
    from NH

Arc Burn , thanks for the come back . I thought that is what was needed but wasn't sure. Do you know if anything has to be done to the lights in addition?

How about it Mods , we have someone willing , just say yes

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  5. Arc Burn

Just install the light harness or you can buy the new Intensifier Lights and they will come with the harness also.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yikes Arc, that's going to be one long sticky if you plan to cover it all. :nod:

7. Bowtieguy

Bowtieguy Member
    from CT

I just did this mod to my plow. Those are the correct part #s if you are keeping the MM1 lights. (i did)Very simple and straight foward. I bought from my local Fisher dealer and got the harnesses for $100 and the other for $55! Yep i'm happy. I'm hoping to get the plow on tomorrow and make sure everything is working as it should.

8. Arc Burn

Well you write it once and some clown with no clue disagrees and the thread is useless,somewere along the line these guys need to know who they can listen to.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No argument there. :nod:

10. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Ticki2 buy a used set of 11 pin lights off ebay for about 100 bucks and then sell your nine pins on ebay for about 100 bucks, net cost will equal shipping cost. Three pin will most likely have to be bought from dealer.