1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2 Plug HDX to 3 plug truck

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Jim15, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Jim15

Jim15 Member
    from MA

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for changing a new 2 plug plow to 3 plugs. Lights are fine, that is the same. I think we have the 2 plugs they gave us for the "fleet flex" wired right. Red power light on the controller comes on, but no functions work. I also read about the "security gaurd" system needing to be activated, by putting in 1111 4444, then choosing your code, but from what I understand only controllers for V plows have those buttons, so I'm not sure if that option is available.

Any and all advice appreciated,

Thanks,

Jim

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You would need a new plowside wiring.
    Pretty sure a new controller as well.

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

You would need a control harness and power harness for the plow if you want to make it work with your 3 plug truck side wiring. Also need to remove plow module and solenoid from plow. Your control for a 3 plug wiring will not work with fleet flex plow until all the fleet flex components are removed. With out fleet flex there is no security guard. Also all fleet flex plows have security guard not just the v plows. It is just that v plows use the extra 4 buttons for plow functions also.

4. Jim15

Jim15 Member
    from MA

Thanks Kimber. We did remove the battery cable and plow module from the plow. The solenoid I thought had to stay, and the new battery cable red and black landed where the old ones were. Then there's like a black/orange wire for straight blades that looks like it lands on the bottom post of the solenoid. Then white, blue, and green wires from the control harness land where the old ones did.

5. kimber750

You should already have a solenoid on the truck so no need for the one on the plow. I am guessing the black orange on the plow side, this goes to negative terminal on the plump motor. And yes the white, blue and green wires go to the valve coils.

6. Jim15

Jim15 Member
    from MA

Ok thanks. The wiring diagram I was reading must have been for truck side wiring. We had that black/orange on the ground/negative, we just didn't remove the solenoid. So it should look pretty similar to our 2 Xblades with just the positive and negative of the battery cable right to the posts on the pump motor. Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

7. kimber750

Should look exactly like your X blades.